Blood From a Turnip - Rhode Island's only late night puppet cabaret
riDANCE HOME SITE MAP PERFORMANCE EVENTS
Only Late Night
|Friday February 17, 2006|
BLOOD FROM A TURNIP
95 Empire Street
Friday February 17, 2006
One Night Only
Seating first come, first serve
Program lineup subject to change
"a wildly diverse and thoroughly entertaining showcase"
- Providence Phoenix
"wacky and funny. . intelligent, insightful and a little bit edgy"
- Providence Journal
In a startling and unprecedented Turnip first, BLOOD FROM A TURNIP has joined forces with THE PUPPET SHOWPLACE in Brookline Massachusetts to bring you the first ever SLAMTASTIC PUPPET MINI-TOUR! "Two cities in two nights!" exclaimed Turnip visionary, Vanessa Gilbert, "It was more than even I could have ever dreamed of!"
As for how this arrangement came about, plaything & Turnip spokes-berdache, Marsian explained, &After sold out shows and with an audience that has been fatigued by reality television, I believe that these late night puppet slams are becoming the next wave in American vaudeville. . .so much so that I predict puppeteers will be the next rock stars!& Added the furry co-hostess, &It was only natural we went on tour.&
Boston puppet mogul, Carl Wieting joins the Turnip gang, as does alpha-male, Matt Kandarian, filling in for Ms. Gilbert while she is off on assignment. &I haven't been this excited to host a pupet show since Ms. Doucette's kindergarden class&, admited Kandarian, candidly.
* NY performing artist Emmy Bean with War Bride, an exploration of longing, loss, and absent love at a 2am kitchen table in 1946
*Jonny Clockworks with his small-scale piece, minutia
* Ken Berman, Frankie Cordero & Sara Frechette of Dramaton Theater performing The Traveler
* Sara Frechette performing her marrionette piece, Man on the Burning Tightrope
* Kristen Mclean performing The Story of Bird Girl in an Overture and Three Acts about the trials and tribulations of being a sensitive soul in a cruel, cruel world.
* Jim Sedgwick performing The Pope Wears Bozo Shoes, a manic multimedia adventure on the high seas, with generous helpings of intrigue, non-stop carnage, cross-dressing, and memorized lines, as well as a brief excursion down Memory Lane.
* Ceili Clemens with Remember Me
* AND OTHERS!
EXPERIENCE. . .
THE SLAMTASTIC PUPPET MINI-TOUR!
1st Stop: PROVIDENCE, RI
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH at 10PM:
BLOOD FROM A TURNIP
95 Empire Street, Downtown Providence
call 401.331.2695 ext. 106 for details
All seats $5
2nd Stop: BROOKLINE, MA
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18TH at 8PM:
37 Station Street, Brookline, MA
call 617.731.6400 for details
general $13/ students $10
Deborah Nash at dn@riDance.com
Graphics courtesy of Marsian
Wild Women Web Builders